Pages

New year - New Broom

In my last post of 2011 I wished for hard work, new lessons and a dose of luck. Today on the first day of the new year I ended up wiping my blog clean. Time will tell how misguided or otherwise this action is, but I am optimistic.

The prompt came from Google blogger, informing me that my Picasa web album was full. There it was, the first lesson. I didn't even realise that I had a Picasa web album, let alone that there was a limit on it.

When I went to look at the pictures on line my heart sank - duplication upon duplication, more rubbish than my eyes could stand to look at. Several years of progression, that much was evident, but not much else. So in the spirit of New Year beginnings I decided to take a metaphorical broom and sweep the whole thing clean. Of course this had implications for the blog too, so I brushed that down at the same time....

I can hear the faint screams from at least one person, but bear with me; and my goodness I feel lighter now ..... Happy New Year !

7 comments:

  1. Well now, if ever I need some advice on doing a Clean Sweep, you are the woman to ask...CONGRATS on that, but DOUBLE CONGRATS on being so supremely brave! Whoooosh, this whole post takes my breath away. I will be staying tuned, Frances, for anyone who is bold enough to take these steps certainly has a very exciting path in store for them.

    « ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
    ╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
    ║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
    ║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ NEW YEAR ☆ 2012
    ╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆ ♥♥♥ »

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drastic!!
    On the other hand if you do need anything from the deleted material, it is still on the dashboard of anyone who is Following your blog.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you see it, now you don't!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Disposal of sketch/ workbooks? Do my eyes deceive me?!?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!

    Feeling queasy at the thought... I have all my sketchbooks form 1980 to present - but I did throw most of my life drawings away last year.

    Happy New Beginnings in 2012
    Celia

    ReplyDelete
  6. That seems a VERY scary thing to do! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brave move - well done! Enjoy your fresh start :D .

    ReplyDelete